HP Printer is a famous printer brand that has gained a wide range of popularity among users, especially for a high-quality printing solution. For smooth and flawless print, HP every now and then releases new firmware versions that are required to be up-to-date. So, always be ready to install the HP Printer Firmware Updates for your printer enhancements and eventually get the most out of your printer. However, it is also a harsh truth that many of you don’t know how to update firmware on the HP Printer. This post compiles a fruitful guide that will lead you to quickly and efficiently update the firmware without disruption. Thus, feast your eyes!
Why Do We Need HP Printer Firmware Updates?
Users who operate HP Printer can sometimes confront a couple of technical glitches like the HP Printer not working and the printer failing to print color or black. However, many printing issues usually arise due to outdated or corrupted HP Printer firmware. That’s why, under these circumstances, it is crucial to Update HP Printer Firmware timely and periodically. All you need is to keep an eye on the firmware update available for HP Printer and immediately download the most recent printer firmware.
Prerequisites Before Attempting HP Printer Firmware Updates
To avoid the HP Printer Firmware Update Failed issue, you should focus on the following important points:
- Make sure you have a stable or highly strong internet connection.
- If you prefer a third-party application, make sure the latest firmware version is compatible with it. Verify this by contacting the manufacturer.
- While you attempt to install HP Printer Firmware Updates, it will probably take 10 to 30 minutes or more to finish. It completely depends on the internet speed of your computer, the connection type to the printer, and the pending jobs in the print queue.
- Ensure that your printer is not in sleep mode or power save mode.
- Administrator privileges or a passcode is possibly required to frequently access some menus on the control panel.
3 Methods to Update HP Printer Firmware
Beneath, we have compiled a number of different methods for HP Printer Firmware Updates. So, do not look here and there, simply go through the below-mentioned guidelines one after another. Feel free to jump on the next method if the previous one doesn’t work in updating the printer firmware. Let’s begin with to following:
Method 1: Use HP Smart App
HP Smart App is a printer program that can assist you to manage and update the printer drivers and firmware. So, you can use the HP Smart app to check the firmware updates and instantly install them if any are available. Here are the required steps for getting the firmware update for your printer using this app:
- In the very beginning, launch the HP Smart app on your Windows PC.
- Next, create an account if it is your first time or sign in if the account is already created.
- If the HP Smart app is not on your computer, download it from the official HP website.
- Now, on the “Home” screen of this app, opt for the desired printer or image that you want to update its firmware. If, in case, your printer is not listed, click on “Add a Printer” and then the app will start searching for the printer.
- Afterward, go to the “Advanced” tab, and select the “Advanced Settings” or “Printer Home Page (EWS)” option.
- Now, choose the option either “Tools” or “Web Services.”
- Thereafter, click on the “Printer Updates” or “Product Update” tab.
- Click the “Check Now” button.
- Now, available HP Printer Firmware Updates will automatically start downloading and installing onto your computer system.
NOTE: While the printer firmware is updating, do not turn off your printer. Otherwise, it can seriously damage your printer.
After you successfully update the printer firmware, you can hassle-freely print documents.
Method 2: Update The Printer Firmware From Your HP Printer
To begin with the print job, it is important to connect your printer to a Wi-Fi or stable network. So, when your HP Printer is connected to the internet, you can Update HP Printer Firmware directly from the printer control panel. Here’s what to follow:
NOTE: USB connections will not work for this method. So, before implementing the give course of action, make sure your printer is connected to a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
- First, open your HP Printer Control Panel.
- Next, select the “Setup”, “Service”, or “Settings” menu.
- Now, go to the “Preferences”, “Printer Maintenance”, or “Tools” tab.
- Select “Web Services”, “Printer Update”, or “LaserJet Update” as per the situation.
- If you receive prompts, follow the instructions to activate Web Services.
- Select “Check for Updates” or a similar option to begin downloading and installing the available HP Printer Firmware Updates.
Method 3: Update Printer Firmware Manually From The HP Website
Firmware Updates for your HP Printer are in general available at the Official HP Website. So, visit this site to check for the printer firmware updates and download the available one compatible with your Windows and install it manually. Here’s how:
- First, ensure that the printer is turned on and connected to your computer.
- Now, browse the “HP Software and Driver Downloads” page, enter your printer model, and then click “Submit.”
- Select the Firmware from the list of software and drivers, click “Download” next to the firmware update, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the HP Printer Firmware Update screen, check the status of your printer.
- If the status is “Ready”, select the checkbox next to the serial number, and then click “Update.”
- Wait for the HP Printer firmware update to complete.
- If the status shows “Up to date,” it means HP Printer firmware has been successfully upgraded to its latest version.
HP Printer 24×7 Online Support For Common Printer Error
Hopefully! The aforementioned guidance has lent you an effective hand for HP Printer Firmware Updates. If none of these methods worked in updating your printer firmware and still you experience Printer Error during the print job, contact us. We have a talented team of dexterous techies available round the clock for one-stop HP Printer 24×7 Online Support. Whatever error you confront will be eradicated in a pinch. So, feel free to dial the given HP Printer Support number and communicate with them for a suitable resolution guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Update My HP Printer Firmware?
Simply, by visiting the official HP Customer Support page you can Update Your HP Printer Firmware. Thus, browse the HP site and get your printer firmware up-to-date within a short span.
Should I Update The Firmware On My HP Printer?
Of course! You can Update The Firmware On Your HP Printer but only when the printer is connected to a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. Therefore, before updating the firmware for your HP Printer, connect the printer to a Wi-Fi network. Now, open the printer control panel to continue the firmware updating procedure.
How Do I Check For Firmware Updates For My Printer?
Either on your HP Printer Control Panel or HP Smart app, you can Check For Firmware Updates for your printer product. Any of these methods is simple and straightforward. Thus, choose at your convenience!
How Do I Find The Firmware Version On My HP Printer?
If you really want to Find The Firmware Version on your HP Printer, then simply go to the “HP Software and Driver Downloads” page. Afterward, you have to enter the printer model to begin searching for available updates for your printer firmware or driver.
Do HP Printers Automatically Update Firmware?
Yes! HP Printers Automatically Update Firmware is possible. Any firmware updates of your HP Printer can be automatically downloaded and installed to enhance printing functions.
- A Guide to Resolving Various HP Printer Error Codes
- Easy Resolutions for HP Printer Won’t Turn On Issue
- How do I Fix HP Printer Not Printing Color?
- The Best Fixes for HP Printer Not Printing Black Error
- Find the HP Printer’s Mac Address by using the Valuable Steps
- How to Recover HP Printer Paused Error with Genuine Steps?