HP printers usually do not give much room for complaints to their owners. However, it doesn’t mean they don’t throw errors or glitches altogether. Problems keep occurring, and at that time, you may want to know how to contact HP printer support. There are three chief ways of getting printer support.
You can dial the HP technical support phone number, which is 800-407-4005. Besides that, you can access the online chat. If you prefer to email HP your query, that is also possible. Find out the various ways of contacting HP printer support below.
How to Contact HP Printer Support by Phone
The easiest and most efficient way to contact an HP printer support representative is by calling them. The HP customer service phone number to get human assistance is 800-407-4005. This number is available Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm ET. Use this number if you have problems with your existing order.
Yet another support number is 1-(323)-484-8368. If you need help for your desktop notebooks or business printers, call 800-334-5144. To get help with Instant Ink HP Connected and Scheduled Delivery, call 855-785-2777. The HP customer service hours for this number is 8 am to 11 pm EST. These hours are to get support from Monday to Friday. On Saturday, the customer service hours are 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The HP phone numbers mentioned above offer assistance with items in and out of warranty.
The Steps to Contact HP Printer Support by Live Chat
You can get HP support for printers through live chat as well. Follow these points to learn how to contact HP printer support live chat.
- Navigate to the HP Store contact page.
- Here, you will find the live chat option for sales inquiries and order support inquiries.
- Tap the live chat option according to your problem.
- The live chat option is open from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST. This is for business customers.
- If you are a home customer, the HP customer service hours for live chat are 9 a.m. to 12 a.m. EST, all seven days of the week.
How to Contact HP Printer Support Email
Writing an email is yet another way to get answers about your concerns with HP printer products. To email HP, you must fill out a form on the HP Store contact page.
- Navigate to the HP Store contact page.
- Here, you will find an option, ‘Start an email.’ It will be beside live chat.
- Tap it. You will see the ‘Send us an email’ screen.
- Now, from the dropdown below ‘Who would like to contact?’ choose an option.
- Wait for a while until the next window opens.
- Now, follow the instructions to send your query to the correct HP department.
Fix Your Printer Problem Using HP Printer Support by Phone
You can troubleshoot various HP printer problems by yourself. Use the support.hp.com page to find quick links on various aspects of HP products.
- On support.hp.com, scroll down until you find the ‘Support & Troubleshooting’ option.
- Tap this option and then tap the ‘Printer Support’ tab on the next page.
- Now, the HP printer support page will open. Find information about setting up your printer, checking warranty status, and downloading drivers.
- Tap the ‘Contact Us’ option if you need help with a specific issue.
- Another option is tapping the ‘Ask our virtual assistant’ option.
- Upon tapping it, you can talk to an HP support virtual assistant.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does HP offer live support?
You can start a chat with an HP support rep by dialing 800-407-4005. This number is active on all weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET. It is not active on weekends.
2. Is the HP Support Assistant free?
HP Support Assistant is fully free. Currently, there isn’t any charge associated with this service. Use it to maintain the performance of your system and get guided assistance.
3. Why is my HP printer not working?
Your HP printer may not work if its cables are not securely linked to the wall outlet or power source. An outdated printer driver will also cause the printer to malfunction. You must check if there are stuck print jobs in the queue and whether the toner or ink levels are adequate.
4. How can I diagnose my HP printer problems?
You can diagnose HP printer problems with the Diagnose & Fix tool. It is present in the HP Smart for Windows and macOS users. The tool assists in diagnosing and fixing printer errors and connection problems.
5. Does HP charge for technical support?
HP does not charge for providing tech support. You can call the customer support number to get speedy assistance. Otherwise, use the online chat option or send your query by email.
6. How do I reset my HP printer?
Turn on the printer and take out the power cord. Take out the cord’s other end from its power outlet. Wait for a minute and connect the cord to your printer and the outlet. The printer will reset and power on automatically.
Getting support for various HP printer issues is easy. You just need to know about the different options for seeking help. Choose a support medium according to your convenience. Head to printer fixing errors if you want to learn more about troubleshooting printer concerns.