Epson printer models give crisp, high-quality prints. But sometimes errors do arise in these printer models. One of the most frequently occurring errors is Epson error code 0X97. This error occurs when there’s a hardware malfunction while the printing is taking place. It has a negative effect on the print output, as it completely halts the print job.
Some Epson printer models that commonly encounter this error are Epson WF3620, Epson WF-4630, and Epson WF-7620. Remember that you need to fix this error as soon as it arises to resume printing. Keep reading to know how to fix it.
Why Does Your Epson Printer Give Error Code 0X97?
This Epson printer error code arises because of the following reasons.
- There’s a hardware issue.
- Paper jam
- Cartridge nozzles are unclean
- Something has failed in the motherboard
Solutions to Fix the Epson Error Code 0X97
Now use these resolutions to clear Epson error 0x97.
1. Check for Hardware Problems in Epson Printer
The first thing is to check if your Epson printer has any hardware malfunctions. It is best to use the Epson.com/support page to find out about errors in your specific printer model.
- On the support page, tap ‘Search for your printer.’
- After that, tap your printer category and then its series.
- Now, tap the specific model number, and a page will open that will have answers to frequently asked queries. You can find the resolution from here.
2. Disconnect the Printer and Reset it
The next step to clear the Epson error code 0x97 is to disconnect everything from the printer. Follow these steps.
- Cancel all print tasks.
- Disconnect each cable linked to your printer, such as USB, cables, and ink cartridges.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Power’ button.
- Connect everything again and re-install the ink cartridges.
- If this does not work, disconnect the printer’s cables again.
- Let the printer be in this state for five minutes.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Power’ button and connect all the cables.
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ button again for a minute and then let go.
- Now, give a test print command and check for the error.
3. Check the Nozzles of Your Printhead
Another cause of the Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97 is dirty printer head nozzles. If the nozzles are clogged, it may result in this error popping up. So, run a nozzle check pattern as follows:
- Find out if there is adequate paper in the input tray. If not, load the tray with paper.
- Now, on the printer’s control panel, select ‘Setup’ using the Up and Down arrow buttons.
- Now, hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, choose ‘Maintenance’ and hit ‘OK.’
- Now, choose ‘Printer head nozzle check’ and hit ‘OK.’
- Select the Start button to print.
- If you see the lines on the test page appearing uniform, it means there is no problem with the printer head.
- It may be that the nozzles are clogged.
- Clean them by removing cartridges from the printhead.
- Now, remove the print head and clean it with a cloth and warm water.
- Ensure that there’s no new ink on the cloth.
- Dry the print head with a dry cloth.
4. Update Printer Driver
If you are employing an outdated driver, you are likely to encounter Epson printer error code 0x97. So, update the driver through these steps:
- Open the Run window.
- Input ‘devmgmt.msc’ in it.
- Hit ‘OK’ and double-tap ‘Print queues.’
- You will see all your printers.
- Tap on the Epson printer showing the error.
- Choose ‘Update driver.’
- Now, tap ‘Search automatically for updated driver.’
- Use the on-screen steps to update the driver.
5. Run the In-Built Troubleshooter
Another way to diagnose and fix Epson printer error code 0x97 is by using the Windows Troubleshooter.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your Windows 10 system.
- Navigate to ‘Update & Security’ followed by ‘Troubleshoot.’
- Now, tap your printer and choose to run the troubleshooter.
- After the troubleshooting process ends, restart your printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I fix an Epson printer that can’t print?
Restart your Epson printer and set it as default. Check whether the wire and cable connection is strong. You must also update the printer drivers using Device Manager if the problem persists.
2. How do I clear an Epson error?
Power off your Epson printer and then turn it back on after 5 seconds. Also, check the ink cartridges. They should not be clogged or disconnected from the printer. If this does not resolve the issue, contact Epson printer support.
3. Why does my Epson printer say error printing?
If your Epson printer says error while printing, it indicates a problem with the printer. Ensure that it is turned on and linked to your computer through cable and Wi-Fi. Also, check for low ink and paper jam.
4. How do I fix error 0x9a on Epson?
This error code indicates a problem with the FFC cable. You must replace it to fix the error. If the problem persists, use the Epson Repair FFC utility.
Hopefully, you will not have any problems fixing the Epson error code 0x97 after using these fixes. The fixes are very simple to follow. They will ensure that you get your printer back up and running soon.