Epson printers are highly regarded because of their reliability and features. So, that’s why when they show errors, the average user becomes confused. The Epson error 034004 is a common one that prevents your printer from printing effectively. So, how do you resolve it?
The root cause of this error is in a paper jam or an issue with the sensor. If these are not the causes, then the problem lies in the spooler service, printer drivers, and cartridges.
In this post, we will give you effective fixes for this Epson error code.
How Do I Fix Error Code 034004 Epson?
You can resolve Epson error 034004 by resolving the paper jam, installing the sensor, and checking other hardware issues. Use the following measures.
1. Clear the Paper Jam
You can fix Epson error 03004 by clearing the paper jam.
- Cancel print jobs from your system.
- Remove the jammed paper bits from the output tray. Also, remove papers from the sheet feeder.
- Press ‘Start’ to print.
- If the printer does not print, turn it off.
- Raise the unit of the scanner and take out the jammed paper from under it.
- Now, put the scanner unit in place and hit the power button.
- Turn on your Epson printer.
- Follow the correct way of loading paper.
2. Fix the Phantom Paper Jam Epson Error
One of the main causes of Epson error 034004, apart from paper jams, is a phantom jam. It means that there is no paper jam, but your printer gives this error. To fix it, follow these steps.
- Remove the paper roller from the printer’s back. Papers can get stuck on the roller so you need to pull them out.
- Now, using a flashlight, take a peek into the paper feeder. Some broken pieces of paper can be found easily with a flashlight.
- Take a sticky tape and stick it on the paper to take it out.
- Now, give a test print command.
- This will resolve Epson 8550 error 034004 easily.
3. Replace the Lever for the PE Sensor
The PE sensor lever is a small metal piece present in the assembly. It consists of a screw. When you load paper into the printer, this lever is pushed. So, the PE sensor detects that there is paper.
To replace the PE sensor lever, remove the scanner. After removing it, take off the cover. Now, remove the springs. You will require four springs. All of them should come with a set of five.
Remove the screw on the top. Now, slide all the things out. Insert the PE sensor lever back in its place by holding it like a pistol. Ensure that the page guard is flat. Put the long lever back on the notch and attach it to the top.
4. Begin the Print Spooler Service
Sometimes, Epson error 034004 can arise because of a glitch in the print spooler service. So, you must restart it.
- Select ‘Services’ from the Start menu on your system.
- Right-tap the print spooler services.
- Select ‘Properties.’
- Configure it to ‘Automatic.’
- Now, tap ‘Start.’
- Check if your Epson printer shows this error.
5. Update the Printer Driver
Outdated drivers cause error codes like Epson error 034004 and 000043. You can update the printer driver from the device manager or by going to Epson’s official website.
The Epson Software Updater also lets you update your printer. You can download it from the Epson.com/support website and then use it to update the driver.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is error code 031004 on my Epson printer?
The Epson error 034004 indicates a problem with a paper jam or an issue with the sensor. It also indicates improperly installed print heads or cartridges. So, you must fix these reasons to clear the error.
2. How should I clear an error on my printer?
If you find an error code on your printer, restart or reset the printer. After unplugging it from the power source, wait for a few minutes before turning it on. Also, check for paper jam and ink cartridge installation.
3. Why is my Epson printer in an error state?
Your Epson printer is in an error state because of connectivity issues between your computer and printer. Ensure that your printer is placed in the signal range of your Wi-Fi. Also, check if the latest drivers of the printers are installed properly. Update the drivers to get your printer out of error state.
4. why is my Epson printer blocked?
Your Epson printer is blocked because of air or ink in the nozzles. They clog the print heads. To unblock your Epson printer, run an auto-clean cycle. Remove the ink cartridges. Insert them again properly. Now, check if there is adequate ink in the cartridges.
5. How do I run a diagnostic on my Epson printer?
To run a diagnostic on your Epson printer, hold down the ‘Maintenance’ button. Now, turn on your printer by hitting the ‘Power’ button. Release the ‘Power’ button but not the ‘Maintenance’ button. Your printer will start the operation check. At that time, release the ‘Maintenance’ button. You can now diagnose the cause of your problem.
Error code 034004 in Epson might seem frustrating, but it is easy to resolve. However, you need to ensure that you carefully follow the fixes mentioned above. Hopefully, with their help, it won’t be long before you eliminate this error code and resume printing.