Epson printer is an undoubtedly the first preference of any users just because of its easy-to-use, printing efficiency, and affordability. There is nothing more interesting than taking out the high-quality printouts from your brand new Epson Printer device. You have been enjoying the print-job facility without experiencing any tech errors since the time you purchased Epson Printer. But, in today’s early morning, when you tried to print your urgent document, you confronted Epson Printer Offline error issue. It is probably a dreadful situation and might be tearing your hair out trying to decide what to do. Luckily, we have logical as well as powerful techniques to bring the Epson Printer Online back from its Offline state. Continue reading the post to avail the simplified fixing tips.
Why Is My Epson Printer Offline?
Generally, there are numerous major factors responsible for showing Epson Printer Is Offline error message. The common reasons why your printer says offline are enumerated underneath. Take a brief look:
- There could be a connection problem between your Epson printer and computer system.
- Most probably, Epson Printer is unable to strongly communicate with your system due to hardware or software related issues.
- Incorrect Printer Settings or Epson Printer is somehow not selected as Default Printer.
- The driver installed against your Epson Printer has gone out-of-date due to which Epson Printer Says Offline.
- Stopped or slow “Print Spooler” Service may also lead to the printer offline problem.
- The “Use Printer offline” option is probably enabled.
Effective Guidelines To Bring Epson Printer Offline Back Online
The fruitful informative instructions to bring back your Epson Printer Online from Offline mode are explained below. Without wandering here and there, give a short glimpse of the following points and implement accordingly. While carrying the instructive steps, make sure you do not miss a single point to walk through. Now, let’s begin!
Guideline 1: Disable “Use Printer Offline”
If the option of Use Printer Offline is enabled on your Windows 10 PC, there would be a high possibility to receive offline issue. In terms of rectifying this problem, it is extremely needed to make this option disable as soon as you can. So, in the beneath segment, we will show the steps to change Epson Printer Offline Windows 10 to online. Start following the provided instructions:
- First and forecast, you have to reboot your Epson printer and wait a minute to finish booting.
- Now, ensure that the Epson printer is appropriately plugged in to the Windows 10 computer.
- Additionally, also required to check if the printer has great network connectivity.
- Afterward justifying every possible things, log on to your Windows 10 PC using a local administrator account.
- Now, in the Windows search or “Type here to search” field, simply type “Control panel.”
- From the Control Panel, put a click on the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- The list of printers will be displayed on the next pane.
- Next, you have to give a right-click on your Epson printer and select the “See What’s Printing” option.
- Now, click on the “Printer” tab and remove the check-mark from “Use Printer Offline” by clicking on the checkbox.
- Now, the Epson Printer is finally set to online and it ready to deliver quality printouts.
Print a test page to check if the Epson Printer Is Offline yet or it has turned back to online. If the printer is still showing offline, jump to the next solving method.
Guidelines 2: Resume Print Spooler Service If It Is Stopped or Paused
When Epson Printer Keeps Going Offline, it means the Spooler Service is not active on your Windows. You should check out the status carefully and troubleshoot spooler service if it is needed. Let’s do it:
- First of all, type “msc” in the Windows Search box and hit the “Enter” key or “OK” button.
- Next, inside the “Service” window, select the “Print Spooler” tab.
- Now, check the status of “Print Spooler” and make sure it is set to “Running”.
- If the status of the service is selected “Stopped”, put a right tap on the “Print Spooler” option.
- And then, click the “Start” option to resume the service.
- Now, you can frequently to close the running window.
- Afterward, attempt to print something just to check if this brings back Epson printer ‘Online’ or not.
If Epson Printer Offline error still persists, apply the next solving procedure.
Guideline 3: Clear The Print Jobs
While you print something, the print jobs maybe stuck in the print queue. This would be the one feasible reason of Why Does My Epson Printer Say Offline. But, don’t feel blue! There is an ultimate procedure to clear the print tasks that are stuck in the queue. Here’s how:
- First, open the Run dialog box from the Windows Search and then type “msc” in the search field.
- Once you type correctly, hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, point your cursor to the “Print Spooler” option and give a right click on it.
- Now, click the “Properties” option.
- Scroll down to reach the “Service status” section and there click the “Stop” button.
- Afterward, press the “OK” tab.
- Now, open Windows File Explorer and type “%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS” in the address bar.
- Now, select all the files in the “Printer” folder and delete them accordingly.
- After that, again go to the spooler “Properties” and tap the “Start” button
- Thereafter, press the “OK” tab.
- Now, restart your computer and then you will see the entire print jobs have been cleared.
- In the end, you will notice that the print function will work smoothly.
Guideline 4: Confirm Epson Printer Is Set As Default Printer
In many cases, your Epson Printer Goes Offline because of not setting it as the default printer on the computer. Follow the steps to set your Epson printer on default mode:
- First, open the “Run” dialog box from the Windows Search bar.
- Then, type “Control Panel” in the search box and press the “Enter” key from your keyboard.
- Now, select the “Devices and Printer” option and place a single tap on it.
- From the next appearing windows of printer list, opt for your printer and put a right click on it.
- Make sure that there is a check mark on the ‘Set as Default printer’ If it is not, then click the option to select it.
- Now, you will probably see a green check mark on your printer icon.
Now, print a test page to check if your Epson Printer Offline error is been resolved.
Guideline 5: Reinstall Printer Driver
It is very clear that outdated or corrupted driver that was installed against your printer could prevent you from printing. So, if your Epson Printer Is Offline during print job, immediately take an action to update or reinstall the drivers. The complete instructions are noted underneath. Take a look and start executing:
- First of all, go to the “Start” menu and select the “Control Panel” option.
- Now, put a tap on the “Add or remove program” link. Doing so the list of programs will be appeared on the next window.
- Give a right click on the “Epson printer driver” from the given list of programs.
- Thereafter, click the “Uninstall” option from the popup menu to completely remove the installed driver.
- After uninstalling the driver from your PC, go to the “Devices and Printer” section again.
- Then, place a click on the ‘Add a printer’ option.
- On the next display window, click onto the ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’
- As per your Epson printer’s model that you use, install the printer software in your Windows system.
- After the completion of setup, restart your computer and start print a test page.
- Check if you can print or still Epson Printer Keeps Going Offline.
Informative Ways To Fix Epson Printer Offline On Mac
Epson Printer Offline on Mac can usually be caused by an inappropriate printer configuration or lost/slow connection. Though, there is no need to panic as we have discussed the accurate ways to sort it out quickly and effortfreely. All you should do is to implement the provided steps one by one. Let’s do so:
Ways 1: Reset Apple Mac Print Settings
Poor internet connectivity may harm your printing system and result in Epson Printer Says Offline on Mac device. To fix this problem, follow the below course of action:
- Open the “Apple” menu and click the “System Preference” option.
- Browse the “Printer & Scanner” section.
- Put a right click on the “Epson printer” option and then choose “Reset Printing System”.
- Provide your correct Mac username and password it asked to fill it up.
- Then, press the “OK” button.
- Now, wait for a couple of minutes until the printer list is displayed again.
- Thereafter, add Epson printer to the printer list using the “+” icon.
- Now, your Epson Printer will get back “Online” and prints finely.
Perform a test print, if the Epson Printer Is Offline yet, move to the next solving ways.
printer is installed multiple times in your Mac device. Therefore, instantly delete the extra added printer from the device. Here is how:
- Navigate to Apple Menu ≫ System and Preference ≫ Printer and Scanners
- A list of printers will appear on the next window.
- Delete extra added printer just by clicking on the printer and selecting “–”sign from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now, set your Epson which is “Idle Printer” as a “Default Printer”.
- In the end, restart your printer and Mac device as well.
- Print a test page to check if this has solved your printer offline problem.
The Solution To The Epson Printer Offline Problem Is At Your Fingertips
In the aforementioned pieces of information, it is very clearly explained how to efficiently get Epson Printer Offline back online. Hopefully, you grab the correct and satisfying resolution method for your printer offline error. If you need more help or additional support, contact us at 24/7 online support number.