Canon printers are known for their stellar print qualities. That is why it is common to see them in a variety of professional and home settings. However, being a technical appliance, they can encounter certain problems at various points. In all such cases, resetting your printer can be beneficial. So, if you are wondering how do I reset my Canon printer, this is the right place for you.
There are not one but multiple ways to reset your Canon printer. In this post, we will cover all the ways to perform a reset on your printing device with stepwise instructions.
How to Reset Canon Printer on Windows 10?
You can reset your Canon printer in the X ways. They are explained below.
1. Hard Reset Your Canon Printer
Hard reset brings your printer back to its factory settings.
- Hit the ‘Stop’ button on your printer. Do it till you see the alarm of the device rings.
- Now, hit the ‘Start’ button 19 times.
- Your printer will get reset to its factory settings.
- Navigate to the ‘Device Manager.’ Here, double-tap ‘Print Queues.’
- Now, find your Canon printer and double-tap it.
- Hit the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Now, from the official Canon website, install the current printer drivers.
2. Reset Your Canon Printer to New Wi-Fi
Are you wondering how to reset Canon printer Wi-Fi? These steps are for Canon MG3600 users.
- Hold and press the ‘Wireless’ button for 3 seconds.
- Now, release the button.
- You will see the ‘Power’ button light blinking.
- Now, press for once the ‘Power’ and the ‘Wireless’ buttons.
- Wait for five seconds to let the Wi-Fi reset.
- Now, you can link your printer with your Windows PC or smartphone.
3. Power Reset Your Canon Printer
Power resetting the printer is one of the simplest ways to perform this procedure. In this, you disconnect the printing device from all sources of power.
- Turn off your printer.
- Take out all the cables. Ensure to remove any other power component linked to the printer.
- Now, plug back all the cables that you removed after a period of 30 seconds.
- After that, turn on your Canon printer.
- Take out a test print.
- If you performed a power reset to resolve any printer problem, check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
4. Reset Your Canon Printer with the Display
You can reset the system of your Canon printer. To do that, follow this simple series of steps.
- Hit the ‘Setup’ on your printer.
- Now, in the ‘Device Settings,’ hit ‘OK.’
- Navigate to ‘Reset’ and hit ‘OK.’
- Head to ‘Reset All’ and hit ‘OK.’
- Choose ‘Yes.’
- Hit ‘OK.’
POINT TO NOTE: If your Canon printer does not have a display, turn off the device and hold and press the ‘Stop’ button for 2 seconds. While pressing ‘Stop’, press the ‘On/Off’ button for 2 seconds. Release the ‘Stop’ button while holding the ‘On/Off’ button. Now, press ‘Stop’ five times and release ‘On/Off.’
5. Ink Reset Your Canon printer
There is a chip on Canon Inkjet printer models. Through them, you come to know whether the printer has low ink or not. If this chip is not working normally, it becomes difficult to know the ink levels. You can restore its functioning by performing an ink reset.
- Take out the printer’s cartridge.
- Now, put it in the resetting channel.
- Examine the working of the chip.
- Keep holding the cartridge till you see the LED light in the resetter becoming steady.
- After that, take out the cartridge from the resetter channel.
- Carry out this process on all the cartridges that you want to reset.
- Now, install the cartridges to your Canon printer again.
- Perform a test print.
In What Cases Should You Reset Your Canon Printer
Resetting a Canon printer can be helpful in troubleshooting various issues. These include the following:
- You find that your printer is not responding to your commands properly.
- Your printer cannot link to the network.
- You established a network setup. Still, your printer is unable to work.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between a hard reset and a soft reset on a Canon printer?
A hard reset of your Canon printer erases all the registered files. However, a soft reset does not delete them. If you perform a hard reset, data saved in your printer’s RAM will get deleted.
2. Does unplugging a printer reset it?
Unplugging a printer from its power source and plugging it back after 30 seconds will power reset your Canon printer. It is suitable for when you are experiencing connection problems. However, it won’t hard reset your printer.
3. How do I reset my printer to factory settings?
Power down the Canon printer. Take out the power cord from its socket. After a minute, plug in the printing device and supply it power. Let the cartridges center. Now, you can take a test print.
There is no separate reset button on the Canon printer. To reset your printer, you need to follow any of the procedures to reset the device. The process is accomplished with the need for a separate reset button.
5. How do I troubleshoot my Canon printer?
Find whether the offline printing option is enabled. Disable it if it is turned on. Cancel all the print jobs. Give a print command in Draft Mode. You should also clean your printer if you are facing a blank page problem.
6. How do I restore my Canon printer to a network?
Turn off your printer. Now, take out the power cord, and after 30 seconds, reconnect it. Now, turn on your printer.
There are various methods to reset your Canon printer. You can follow any of the procedures described above as per your preferences. Remember that with most methods, you won’t be able to access your prior settings. Hopefully, by following any of these methods, you’ll be able to safely and quickly reset your Canon printer.