Ricoh printers are easy-to-use devices that offer seamless printing, scanning, and faxing experience. However, you may find your Ricoh printer offline. This can happen if you request printer status details from the SNMP port. If the printing device is not connected to a network similar to the PC, an offline error can arise. But it is easy to troubleshoot the problem and bring the printer back online. In this article, you will find different fixes for changing the status of the Ricoh printer from offline to online.
1. Update the Printer Settings
You may find Ricoh printer offline Windows 10 if the printer settings are incorrect. Follow this troubleshooting to change printer settings.
- Head to the ‘Start‘ button.
- Use the search bar to navigate to the ‘Control Panel.’
- In this section, find the ‘Devices and printers’ option.
- Look at your Ricoh printer model. It should always be in the default section.
- If it’s not, right-click it and select ‘See what’s printing.’
- Next, eliminate any unfinished printing tasks.
- Check if the printer shows an online status.
2. Restart Your Printer
Press and hold the power button. It will restart your printer. After that, turn on the printer. See if there are any loose cable connections.
Also, check the router and modem wiring. Ensure that all the devices, your PC, router, and modem are properly connected.
Modify the status detecting method to WMI from SNMP in the ‘General’ tab.
3. Fix the Spooler Service Functioning
If you are still wondering why is my Ricoh printer offline, it can be because the spooler service isn’t working. If you’ve mistakenly turned it off, you need to restart it.
- Access the ‘Run‘ dialog box on your Windows system.
- Here, input ‘services.msc.’
- After that, hit Enter.
- On the ‘Service‘ window, locate the ‘Print Spooler’ service.
- Right-tap it and choose the ‘Restart‘ option from the drop-down.
- After restarting the print spooler, you can successfully eliminate this error.
4. Re-install the Printer Driver
It is highly likely that you are facing the Ricoh printer offline because of corrupt printer drivers. In this case, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers will help you overcome it.
Use these steps to make your printer functional again.
- Head to the Control Panel section on your system.
- Once there, tap ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Look for your Ricoh printer.
- After finding it, right-click it.
- Through the drop-down menu, remove this device.
- You will notice a confirmation message on your screen.
- Tap ‘Yes‘ to verify your action. Now, head to the official Ricoh printer website using the browser.
- Find the latest printer drivers and download them.
- Open the setup file. Then install the driver.
5. Check the Printer Error Levels
If you are still searching Ricoh printer offline how to fix, it might be that there’s an issue with the printer settings. Use these steps to troubleshoot the problem.
- Launch the ‘Print & share settings‘ on your Windows system.
- Tap the upper-right corner and open the ‘Profiles’ dialog box.
- Click the ‘Profiles’ dialog and select the printer channel options.
- Now, tap the button below this list.
- Select the dialog, ‘Printer Error Levels’ in the channel list.
- Now modify the offline status to None.
- Tap’ OK.’
- Save your settings.
- Try taking a test print. You won’t get an offline error.
6. Troubleshoot the Signal Quality
Your Ricoh printer will show an offline status if the signal quality is poor. It will not start. This is especially true if the printing device is using a wireless LAN.
- Go to ‘System Settings.’
- Next, look under ‘Interface Settings.’
- Choose’ Wireless LAN.’
- Hit’ Wireless LAN Signal‘ to inspect the signal status.
- If the quality is poor, move the machine to a place where radio waves can pass.
- In addition, remove objects that can cause interference.
7. Check the Status of the Printer
Sometimes, the wrong tab selection can also make the Ricoh printer go offline. You might not know that your printer is not printing because of this reason. So, if you are wondering why is my Ricoh printer offline, use these steps.
- Navigate to the ‘Devices’ section.
- Launch the ‘Printers & scanners’ tab.
- After that, go to ‘Open Queue.’
- Clear the tick mark from the ‘Use printer offline‘ option.
- Now, see if the Ricoh printing device comes back online.
- Most probably, you won’t face the error now.
Now you don’t need to spend hours looking for a resolution on finding a Ricoh printer offline. Just use these simple tricks and use your printing device like before. If your printer doesn’t respond to these fixes, it is best to connect with a printer technical expert. They will help you in fixing printer errors effectively.
- Canon Printer Offline
- Dell Printer offline
- Epson Printer offline
- Brother Printer offline
- Lexmark Printer Offline
- HP Printer offline