HP printers come with various features to ensure smooth printing and faxing of documents. However, despite being technologically advanced devices, they also encounter various glitches. There are many HP printer error codes. They include hard drive errors, battery problems, and system errors. However, with corrective troubleshooting, you can get rid of them. In this article, you’ll find resolutions to the most common error codes in HP printers.
Error 1: HP Printer in Error State
The HP Printer in Error State is one of the most common problems. Here are some fixes to use.
- Turn on the printer.
- Restart both printer and computer.
- Ensure that the printer has firm connectivity with the Wi-Fi network or computer.
- Examine the ink levels in the printer.
- Make the printer the default device.
Error 2: HP Printer Error Message 49
This error code results from a communication gap between the printer and the computer. It makes the printer stuck in a loop. Follow these troubleshooting tips.
- Clear the print queue.
- Do a cold reset to configure the default factory settings.
- Remove the printer driver.
- Install the compatible ones from the official HP website.
Error 3: HP Smart Test Error Code 303
This is one of those codes that you will find in the HP printer error codes list. It is related to the printer’s hard drive. So, the best resolution is to replace the hard drive. Back up the data before doing so.
Error 4: HP Error Code 0xe0ef0003
This HP printer error message implies either a lack of space in the hard drive or a problem with the hard disk.
- Make some space on the hard drive.
- Restart the computer after that.
- Type ‘Chkdsk/f’ on the Command Prompt and hit Enter.
- This will verify the drive’s integrity.
Error 5: HP Printer Error Code 79
This error code arises when you switch from ink to laser printer. The main reasons behind the specific error code are obsolete firmware and a corrupt print job.
If the print job is fine, the best fix is to update the printer’s firmware to the current version. After that, restart the printer and your system. If you still get this error, clear your print queue.
Error 6: HP Printer Error Code 30
In this HP printer error message, users get notified that the printer isn’t activated. However, on checking, they found the printer linked to both the computer and the wall plug. The main problem lies in the printer drivers. So, the best method to resolve it is to reinstall the printer driver.
- Head to the system’s Control Panel.
- Here, locate the printer and uninstall it.
- Now, locate HP drivers on the computer that might still be there.
- Remove all of them.
- Delink the printer from your system.
- After some time, connect it again.
- From the official webpage of HP, locate your printer model and download the latest driver.
Error 7: Error Code 0x6100004a
This is one of those HP printer error codes that occur because of a paper jam or a low ink cartridge. To fix it, follow this procedure.
- Take out all papers stuck inside your HP printer.
- After that, load a new set of papers properly.
- Check whether the error still shows.
- If it does, power off your printer.
- Take out the ink cartridges.
- After some time, turn on the printer.
- Conduct a hard reset.
- Install the ink cartridges.
- Take a test print.
Error 8: Printer Device Error
Users of HP Laserjet printers often encounter printer device errors. Here are some things to check to resolve this error.
- Install the printer’s paper tray correctly.
- Now reinstall the staple stacker.
- Don’t print envelopes while the duplex mode is on.
- Check the printer configuration. Ensure it is fully correct.
- Now do a reset procedure.
Error 9: 3FO Error
If you are looking for an HP printer error code list PDF, you will come across the 3FO or boot device not found error. It occurs due to a hard drive connection problem or a wrong boot sequence.
- Perform a hard reset to re-establish the connection between the BIOS and the hard drive.
- Try restoring the BIOS default settings.
- Run a hard drive test using the HPPC Hardware Diagnostics.
Error 10: Error Code 601
It is one of those HP printer error codes that indicates a battery issue with the HP laptop. You may need to calibrate it or need a replacement. Before doing so, uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and the driver. After restarting the computer re-install the laptop’s battery.
Error 11: HP Printer Error 0xc000225
It is a less common error, but hinders the PC from loading and indicates that it needs repair.
- Download a suitable Windows repair tool as per your Windows version.
- Make a bootable USB drive on another computer.
- Switch off the computer, giving this error code.
- Place the USB drive and plug it back.
- Enter BIOS and select the USB drive as the primary booting device.
- When the repair is complete, reset the primary booting device in the BIOS into your Windows hard drive.
Error 12: Error Code 0X4CEB800 HWLMICCI2 C
This error code signifies an issue with the cartridge or the ink carriage. Follow these tips to fix it.
- Clean the cartridge’s contacts with a lint-free cloth.
- If the ink carriage is jammed, delink your printer from the power.
- Remove the paper that is blocking the ink carriage rails.
- Now, move the ink carriage from left to right.
Error 13: HP Printer Error 41
It is also one of the common HP printer error codes. The error points to stuck print jobs in the print queue. Its resolution is very simple. Just restart the print spooler service. This will resolve this error code.
It is not possible for an average user to make sense of different printer error codes and resolve them. This article will help you identify common errors and fix them. Contact an HP Printer Support expert if you need more Printer-fixing error assistance.