Ricoh printers produce quality output and can give you thousands of pages every month. However, they lose their charm for most users after a while. You may find the Ricoh printer not printing, no matter what you do to troubleshoot it.
When the printer fails to print, you cannot use its features. If the task is urgent, having some solutions on hand works well. So, if your printer is showing a blinking light and not responding to your commands, read this guide. Here we will help you uncover the best ways to make your Ricoh printer print seamlessly. Resolutions for Ricoh Printer Not Printing
The following solutions will help you fix the glitches in your printer and kickstart its work.
Method 1. Check the connections
To troubleshoot the problem, you must first ensure that everything is properly connected. Check whether the power cord is linked to the wall outlet. It must also be linked to the printer correctly.
You can take the cord out and plug it back in. Then check to see if the glitch in printing resolves. Also, examine the online indicator. If it isn’t on, tap the ‘Online’ button to activate it. A red light blinking on your printer implies an error. See which error code it is implying and take the desired action.
Method 2. Refill the paper tray
Many users experience Ricoh Printer not printing because of an empty paper tray. It’s a very small thing, but many people ignore refilling the tray. So, if the printer isn’t printing, check for papers. If there are none, load some on the tray and give a print command. It is likely that your printer will print properly now.
Method 3. Restart the print spooler service
Sometimes the print spooler service stops functioning, which makes the Ricoh printer offline. The printer doesn’t print anything because it cannot communicate with your system.
So, restarting the print spooler service is a good technique to make your printer functional.
- Hit the ‘Start’ button on your Windows system.
- Here, in the search box type ‘services.msc’
- When the new window opens, hit ‘P’ on the keyboard so you can find the print spooler service.
- Now, right-tap on this service and click ‘Stop.’
- After that, right-click on it again.
- You will see the ‘Start’ option. Click it.
- That’s it, the spooler service has been reset.
- You can now give a print command.
Method 4. Fix the issues with the Bluetooth signal
Problems with Bluetooth signals prevent effective communication between the printer and the computer. If this is the cause of the error you are facing, follow these steps.
- Firstly, check that the Bluetooth interface unit is properly installed.
- After that, examine for any obstructions between your printer and computer.
- You may also change the location of your computer.
- If that doesn’t work, modify the place of your printer.
Method 5. Clean the copier
This technique is for those experiencing problems with print quality. In this case, you should clean the copier, as it might have debris and dirt accumulated. Use a soft microfiber towel and dampen it with water to clean the glass top.
The cleaning solution should not pool on the copier. If that happens, it will damage its components.
After cleaning the copier, give a test print and see if your Ricoh printer prints correctly.
Method 6. Replace the ink cartridge
If you still find your Ricoh printer not printing, replace the toner cartridge.
- Open the machine’s front cover by pushing the ‘Release’ button.
- Raise the front side of the cartridge.
- Now take it out of the machine.
- Put the cartridge on a flat and stable surface.
- Wipe the roller using a damp cloth.
- Now take out a new cartridge and put it on a flat surface.
- Pull out the tape inside it while holding the toner cartridge with one hand.
- Hold the cartridge’s grips. Now insert it into the printing machine.
- Push down the cartridge so that it settles in the correct position.
- Now close the front cover.
- Wait till the toner loads.
Method 7. Resolve the printer not printing clearly
Many Ricoh printer users complain that they cannot produce clear copies from their printing devices. The copies are dirty, contain blots, or may be patchy.
You can fix this issue by using these points.
- Change the image density settings by going to ‘Adjusting copy image density.’
- Keep the machine in a stable and level area.
- Check that the paper you are using isn’t wrinkled.
- The paper should also not be damp.
Causes such as a weak signal, a depleted paper tray, and an unclean copier can cause a Ricoh printer not to print. The fixes in this article will troubleshoot the underlying problems so you can start using your device properly. However, if you still face any Printer errors, your best option will be to contact a printer technical expert.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I make my Ricoh printer print?
If you are having issues printing documents from the Ricoh printer, check that the printer’s cord is properly connected to the power outlet. Fill the paper tray and configure the printer correctly. Print a printer configuration page to check for further issues.
2. How to fix my Ricoh printer not scanning?
You can restart the spooler service to make your printer start scanning. Apart from that, turn off the printer. After about 15 seconds, turn it on. This eliminates the printer’s memory and fills it with tasks that it then carries out.
3. Why is my Ricoh printer not responding?
A weak wireless signal is the main reason printers use wireless LAN, not print. So, press the wireless LAN signal button to examine the signal. Also, use the correct interface cable as per your computer. If it is damaged, replace it.