Brother printers offer high-grade printing. However, different kinds of errors are also common. Some of the common issues include printer showing offline, paper jams, printer not printing black, and the like. So, it would help if you knew the right Brother printer troubleshooting for different problems.
This post will address all these problems and provide you with the correct troubleshooting.
1. Fix Brother Printer Offline or Paused Issue
This is a common and frustrating issue most people face. Follow these steps to bring your printer online.
A. Ensure that the Brother printer is connected to the computer
- Ensure that the USB cable connects to your printer and the PC.
- If there’s an ethernet cable, it should be linked to the printer and the router.
- Find the IP address. Do it by printing a network configuration page.
- Navigate to ‘Hardware and Sound’ in Control Panel.
- Go to ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Right-click on Brother machine and choose ‘Set as default printer.’
B. Remove all existing print jobs
- Right-tap on your Brother printer’s icon.
- Now opt for the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Select the ‘Printer’ option.
- Finally, choose ‘Cancel all documents.’
- In case this option is greyed out, tap ‘Open as administrator.’
- Input the passcode for the administrator.
- Finally, tap ‘Yes.’
2. Troubleshoot Brother Printer Not Printing Black
This problem can be due to dry ink cartridges or low-quality ink cartridges.
A. Install a new cartridge before the previous one runs dry
Brother printer will give you a warning when its cartridge has low ink. Often, users keep printing from the cartridge till it goes fully dry. But it only leads to air coming into the nozzles. When this happens, the printer stops printing. Moreover, printing with an empty black cartridge will also dry the ink in the nozzle.
B. Clean the nozzle valve
When the intake valve under or behind the outlet of cartridge ink turns clogged with dried ink, Brother printer doesn’t print black.
- Remove the cartridge.
- Take a cotton bud.
- Soak it in Windex.
- Dab it in the inlet valve.
- Ensure that no cotton from the bud comes off.
- Wipe it till the inlet valve is free of ink.
- Let your printer remain idle overnight.
- Check the print quality the next day.
3. Fix Brother Printer Not Printing Anything on Windows 10
Follow this Brother printer troubleshooting guide for the improper working of the Brother printer.
A. Begin the print spooler service again
- If the print spooler doesn’t work correctly, you need to restart this service.
- Open the Run dialog box in your system by tapping on the Windows logo key and R simultaneously.
- Next, input ‘services.msc’ in the box.
- Tap ‘OK.’
- Now, right-tap on ‘Print Spooler.’
- Start the service if it isn’t running.
- But if it started, hit the ‘Restart’ button.
- After the service restarts, right-tap on ‘Print Spooler.’
- Tap ‘Properties.’
- Now, make the ‘Startup Type’ ‘Automatic.’
- Click ‘OK’ after that.
- Now, check if the Brother printer functions normally.
B. Update the Brother printer driver
Many Brother printer problems, like the printer not printing anything, can be a result of an outdated printer driver.
- On your PC, go to the ‘Control Panel.’
- Here, choose the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- Enlarge the category of ‘Print Queues.’
- Right-tap on your Brother printer, and choose ‘Update driver.’
- Tap the ‘Automatic driver search’ option. This process needs a few minutes to finish.
C. Factory Reset your Brother printer
- Hold and press the power key on the printer’s control panel to turn it off.
- Press down the button ‘GO.’
- Now, turn on the machine.
- Press the ‘GO’ button continuously till the drum paper LEDs and toner are on.
- Now, release the button.
- All the LEDs will stop flashing.
- Hit the ‘GO’ button ten times.
- Now your printer settings are set to factory default.
4. Brother Printer Troubleshooting for Paper Jam
Follow these steps carefully to remove the paper jam issue.
- You will find the ‘Error’ LED flashing when the jam occurs.
- Open the front lid of the Brother machine.
- Let the machine become cool in 10 minutes.
- Never touch the shaded parts of the printer.
- Eliminate the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
- Using the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly, you can pull out the jammed paper.
- It can also release the paper so you can remove it from the paper tray opening.
- Now, close the front part of the machine.
- But remember not to position the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly in their respective places.
- Take away the paper tray from the Brother machine.
- Pull out the jammed documents with your hands.
- Now, open the back part.
- Pull down the tabs on both sides to launch the fuser cover.
- Slowly pull the jammed paper away from the fuser unit.
- Close the fuser cover.
- Remove the duplex tray from the machine and remove the jammed paper from it.
- Keep the duplex and paper tray back in their positions.
- Now, push down the lock lever in green.
- Remove the cartridge from your drum unit.
- Clear jammed documents within the drum unit.
- Place your cartridge into the drum unit.
- Place the drum unit and cartridge assembly into their respective positions.
- Close the front portion of the machine.
- Let the machine print automatically.
5. Fix Brother Printer Unable to Print 51 Error Message
This error implies an issue with the laser unit. Brother printer troubleshooting for this issue involves opening your printer and ensuring that every component is perfectly installed.
Often, users who have recently changed their printer’s cartridge face this problem. However, if you haven’t changed the cartridge, but still face it, turn off your printer. Then turn it back on. If the issue persists, it indicates some problem with the part of your laser unit. The only fix, in this instance, is to replace the laser unit.
The Bottom Line
Use this handy troubleshooting guide whenever you face any printer issues. They will ensure you get past the issue without wasting precious time. If you want more Printer fixing error assistance, feel free to contact a reliable printer technical expert. They will help you fix printer glitches efficiently.