A printer’s internet protocol or IP address is a distinct set of numbers assigned to it. Brother printers enable the connection of several devices without configuring your printer to operate on your specific network. You only have to link your printer to your Wi-Fi. In it, you must know your Brother printer IP address.
In this post, you’ll learn the exact steps to check the IP address.
How to Find My Brother Printer IP Address in Windows
Given below are the specific instructions for Windows 10 and Windows 8 users.
- Connect your printer with a USB cable.
- Now, trigger the ‘Start’ menu.
- Using it, find the ‘Control Panel’ area.
- Now, tap ‘View Devices and Printers.’
- It is below ‘Hardware and Sound.’
- Go below ‘Printers and Faxes.’
- Find your printer model.
- Right-tap on the icon of your printer.
- Now, choose ‘Properties’ from the menu.
- Locate the ‘General’ tab. It is in the ‘Properties’ menu.
- Find the ‘Location’ field.
- The numbers that you see to the right part of this field make up your Brother printer IP address.
Steps to find Brother Printer IP address in Windows 10
- Head to the ‘Start’ screen, and tap the down arrow.
- If you don’t see this arrow, right-tap on the apps at the bar.
- Now, choose the ‘Command prompt’ option.
- Choose ‘Start’, and head to ‘All programs.’
- Choose ‘Accessory,’ and launch the command prompt.
- Here, input ‘ipconfig.’
- The sets of numbers and letters you see besides ‘IPv4 address’ is your IP address.
How to Find Brother Printer IP Address on Mac
If you’re a Mac user and want to know the IP address of your printer, follow these points.
- On the home screen of your Mac, choose ‘System Preferences.’
- In the next window, tap the ‘Print and Fax’ option.
- In the printers tab, locate your printer.
- Ensure to check your printer’s name and model number.
- After that, tap ‘Options and Supplies.’
- On the next screen, you will view the IP address of your Brother printer.
How to Find the IP for Brother QL-720 NW Or Brother QL-810W
Users of this Brother printer model can use these steps.
- Switch on the printer and load the paper.
- Now, press and hold the button, ‘Cut.’
- Press and hold this button till your Brother printer begins to print labels.
- The printer will print a series of labels.
- One of them will have the following:
IP address 192.168.43.172
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
IP gateway 192.168.43.1
Boot method Auto
- The IP address can differ as per your Brother printer model.
- But if it reads 0.0.0.0, it implies that your printing machine isn’t linked to the network.
- You need to connect your printing device to a wireless network.
Now that you know the steps to access the IP address of the Brother printer, you can easily connect several devices hassle-free. The steps are uncomplicated and easy to follow. Connect with a Brother Printer Support service, expert if you need Printer fixing error assistance.