Canon printers are used extensively for various purposes. But if you face a hardware or software glitch, calling customer support is the way to go. Users often ask how do I talk to a live person at Canon.
You can talk to a live person by dialing 1-800-652-2666. This support helpline is open Monday to Friday, from 8 AM to 9 PM EST. To determine the support eligibility of your printer, sign into your account on the Canon US website. Users can avail of online support or remote assistance through Canon Help Desk. Learn all about contacting reliable Canon printer support below.
How to Talk to A Live Person at Canon over the Phone
The Canon printer customer service number for the US is 1-800-652-2666. This is for the PIXMA Pro Series and imageCLASS printers. The Canon support hours are 8 AM to 9 PM EST, from Monday to Friday.
To know about the customer support number for other printer models, you must sign into your account on usa.canon.com. By signing in, you’ll find the support number for the following printer models:
- Canon IVY Series
- MAXIFY Series
- PIXMA (MX, MP, MG, TS, IP, TR, SELPHY)
- PIXMA G Series
Do you want to contact a live person from the Canon sales team? To talk about your printer purchase, dial 800-385-2155.
How to Get Canon Product Support Through Website
Canon printer owners can get effective support for their products from the ‘Contact us’ page on Canon’s official website. Follow these points.
- Navigate to usa.canon.com/contact-us/support.
- Now, scroll down and find the ‘Get Support’ section at the left.
- Tap ‘Product support.’
- On the next page, you can type the printer’s name on the search bar or scroll down and tap the ‘Printers’ tab.
- After that, select your printing device.
- Next, select the model of your printer.
- On the next page, you will find support in the form of software and drivers, how-to videos on troubleshooting, fixing error codes, and complete product information.
- There’s also an FAQs section that you can use to troubleshoot an issue yourself.
- You may also find the warranty information about your printer on this page.
Contact Canon Customer Service Online Chat
Not many Canon users know that they can start an online chat with Canon support. To do so, follow these points.
- Navigate to usa.canon.com/contact-us/support.
- Scroll down this page and tap the same ‘Get Support’ button followed by ‘Product Support’ as explained in the section above.
- On the next page, choose the ‘Printers’ tab.
- Next, select your device.
- After that, select your model, and you will find the minimized window of the Canon customer service chat at the bottom right. It will say, ‘Have a question?’
- When you tap it, the window will enlarge, and you can chat with a Canon virtual assistant.
Access Remote Assistance Through the Canon Help Desk
Canon offers remote assistance for any product through the Help Desk. This service is made available by the Solutions Support Center by Canon Solutions America. It offers these benefits.
- Exceptional national-level customer care for small and big businesses.
- Support is given by Canon experts.
- The Canon Solutions America Support team also gives direct access to experts who are vendor-trained in applications.
- The response time for every single location in the USA is consistent.
- The support experts give you knowledge of print and workflow production.
- Help Desk support is available 24/7 throughout the year.
Get Service and Repair Support for Your Canon Product
Canon provides maintenance and repair support through its expert technicians. Visit usa.canon.com/support/service-and-repair on a browser. You can use the search bar here to search for support or Canon products. On scrolling down, you will find various service options listed for the following:
- A broken or incorrectly working Canon product
- Product cleaning and maintenance services
- The status of your service or repair request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Canon printer technical support free?
Canon offers free online web support. To avail of this support, go to usa.canon.com/support. If your Canon product falls under the warranty period, Canon won’t charge for phone support. But after it expires, you may be charged up to $20.
How long is a Canon printer warranty?
Most Canon printers have a three-year limited warranty. To find your printer’s warranty, go to usa.canon.com/contact-us/support and use the ‘Product Support’ tab at the bottom. During the warranty period, you get free Canon Printer support.
How do I reset my Canon printer?
Turn off your Canon printer and take out the connector from its socket. If your printer is linked to another device with a cable, remove it. After a minute, plug the printer’s connector into its socket and turn the device on.
Where are the headquarters of Canon USA?
Canon has the following address: 1 Canon Park, Melville, NY 11747, United States.
Which phone number can I use for Canon returns or exchanges?
Dial 1-800-385-2155 to return or exchange your product. It is a toll-free number and works Monday through Saturday from 9 AM to 9 PM ET.
How do I connect my Canon printer to Wi-Fi?
Use the WPS or Wi-Fi-protected setup to connect your Canon printer wirelessly. Tap the ‘Wireless’ icon on your printer’s control panel, followed by ‘Wi-Fi.’ Now, tap ‘Settings’ and then ‘Wi-Fi Setup.’ Hit ‘WPS’ and then tap ‘OK.’ Now, press and hold the WPS button on your router and tap ‘OK’ on your printing device within 2 minutes.
Hopefully, after reading this post, you’ll not find it difficult to talk to a live support agent at Canon. Besides that, you can use various self-help resources provided by Canon on its support page. The different options ensure that every person can use their Canon product without any problem.