Printers are an indispensable part of our life. We can’t imagine our day without these machines. Well, at least I can swear on this because my work gets standstill when my Canon MX450 doesn’t respond well to my commands. One of the most common problems due to which the device may not respond well is the Canon printer being in an error state. If not dealt with carelessly, the error state problem can show erratic behavior making users go berserk.
There are some common symptoms that indicate that your Canon printer is in an error state your Canon such as your Canon denying printing, frequent paper jams, seeing printer driver update requests, etc. In order to get your Canon printer out of the error state, you need to have clarity on why the problem occurred and a step-by-step solution to fix it. Also, you may have to take help from tech support experts if the problem is more severe and is out of the scope of self-diagnosis.
Though I would suggest you try troubleshooting the error state issue as you can easily resolve it using some simple tips and tricks. It is also imperative to note that it’s not that difficult to fix it. Anybody with basic technical knowledge can easily deal with the problem on their own. Let’s not waste time and get started with the troubleshooting steps to fix the Canon printer.
Most Cases of Canon Printer in Error State issue
Since you have made up your mind to deal with a Canon printer in an error state, you should know the reasons that are causing it. Here I have described the most common reasons that you should focus on to eliminate the error.
- Outdated Canon printer drivers.
- You have not connected your printer to the network correctly.
- Error in the BIOSS may be causing the printer in an error state
- USB or network cables are frayed or loose.
- Lastly, the troubled printer spooler can also become an obvious reason for error state problems.
Fixes for Canon Printer in Error State Problem
Being a Canon printer user, you would never want your device to throw an error state problem. However, you have no control over the occurrence of the Canon printer in an error state. That’s the reason most of the MX450 users report “how do I get my printer out of error state? A simple suggestion to them is to check the network connection, restart the printer and update the printer drivers. To know the detailed steps, please go through the below section. Here I have described a high-level overview of how you can deal with a printer in an error state.
Step 1. Reestablish the printer connections
- Make sure that your printer connects securely with your computer and network.
- There should not be any loose joint between the printer and the computer.
- Replace any frayed or worn-out wire as it can cause bad connections between the computer and printer.
- The printer, computer, and wireless network should be placed in close proximity. Maintaining a distance of six feet is a good practice for error-free printing operations.
- Once you have adhered to all these precautions, make sure to do a test run before full-fledged printing. If you still face a problem, try restarting the printer.
Step 2. Shut down your printer and restart it again
- Restarting the printer sometimes refreshes the bugs in the software.
- You can simply turn off the printer by pressing the power button.
- Turn off the mains switch.
- Disconnect the cables from your printer and mains.
- Reconnect after a few minutes and turn on from the mains and turn on the printer power button.
- Now you may check if the Canon printer is in an error state or found a way to get out of it.
However, shutting down your printer doesn’t update the printer drivers, sic. Canon keeps releasing new updates now and then. We have got you the shortest way to update drivers and eliminate the printer in the error state Canon problem.
Step 3. Update Canon printer drivers
Updating the Canon printer drivers is often the most ignored solution in dealing with the Canon printer in error state problems. It’s surprising to know that you can switch your printer from an error state to an error-free state in just a few minutes of updating the latest printer driver patch. Here’s the way out.
- Navigate to the Canon printer’s official website.
- Search for the printer driver.
- Look for the appropriate driver for your printer model and click the Download
- The file will be downloaded to your system, right-click on it and click Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you see a message – Drivers are successfully installed.
- Click Finish.
- Now you may restart your computer and printer.
- Print a tat page to verify whether the solution worked right or not.
It is certain that the Canon printer in error state issue occurs when your printer is facing some trouble with the software. The problem is sometimes resolved by restarting the printer, reestablishing the printer connections, and updating the printer drivers.
However, you should be aware of the fact that printer errors may need the expert’s assistance to deal with. Inappropriate behavior with a printer can lead to disastrous outcomes. To assist you to deal with the error state issue, we have a team of determined tech support experts who know the ins and out of Canon printers. Drop us a call on our helpline number and see the experts in action.
- The Canon printer is offline
- How to fix Canon printer error 6000
- Canon printer not responding
- Canon printer not printing color