Dealing with printer issues such as the printer going offline, not printing, and paper jams is extremely inconvenient. In order to get past these problems, you must know effective Epson printer troubleshooting. Although printers from these brands are user-friendly, printing problems do occur from time to time.
Troubleshooting them, however, will only teach you how to use your device to its fullest potential. In this post, we will lay out the key Epson printer issues. You might recognize them well if you are a regular printer user.
Further, we will also elaborate on the fixes for these issues.
Problem 1- Epson Printer Not Printing
People often complain about the Epson printer not printing black. If you face this problem, follow this troubleshooting guide.
- Turn on your Epson printer.
- Find if the cable is linked to your printer and the system.
- Wi-Fi users should examine if their computer and printer are on a single network.
- After that, examine the black ink cartridge levels.
- If they are low, refill or install another cartridge.
- You should also check for paper jams.
- If papers are stuck, gently pull them out from the device.
- After that, restart your system and Epson printer.
Problem 2- Epson Printer Ink Issues
Sometimes, users find their printers not printing after replacing cartridges. You can fix Epson printer troubleshooting ink by these steps.
- Remove the protective taping of the ink cartridge.
- If you don’t take out the taping while installing the cartridge, it will prevent the ink from coming out.
- Raise the top cover of the printer and hold the ‘Ink’ button.
- Let the holder move in the correct cartridge access position.
- Open the cartridge lid that doesn’t have ink.
- Lower the lid without taking it out of the cartridge.
- Now close the cover of the printer and resume your print tasks.
Problem 3- Epson Printer Offline
The offline status on the Epson printer makes it unable to print. This can be because of a faulty connection, a paper jam, or a stuck print job.
- If you have a Wi-Fi connection, turn on your printer.
- Install the latest driver updates.
- Press the ‘Home’ button that’s on the control panel of the printer.
- Choose ‘Wi-Fi Setup’ and hit ‘OK.’
- Now, choose ‘Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.’
- Choose your network and input the password.
- After the setup completes, press ‘OK.’
- The printer should now be connected and show online status.
- To connect your printer to your computer, install Epson Product Unit Driver software. It should be compatible with the Windows OS you have.
- Choose your Epson printer and tap ‘Next.’
- Choose ‘Printer Registration’ and tap ‘Next.’
- Select ‘Agree’ followed by ‘Next.’
- Now, register your Epson printer to Epson Connect.
- Make an account or sign in.
Problem 4- Epson Printer in Error State
If your Epson printer is in an error state, check that the wireless connections are proper. After that, restart the printer. If the problem remains, update the driver.
Find the latest ones on the official website of Epson. Look for your driver using your printer’s model number. You can also utilize the Windows troubleshooter for fixing this error.
The Windows troubleshooter is in the Device Manager section. Here, find your printer, right-click on it, and tap ‘Troubleshooter.’ The troubleshooter will open and find possible solutions.
Problem 5- Epson Printer Paper Feed Problems
Problems with feeding paper are widespread among printer users. If you are searching ‘Epson printer troubleshooting paper feed solutions’ on the web, follow these points.
- Remove the paper from the cassette or the rear feed slot if it doesn’t feed for printing.
- Reload the paper and adjust the edge guides.
- If you cannot feed the paper from the rear feed slot, use the Epson cleaning sheet to clean the paper guide.
- Insert the paper cassette into your printer.
- If more than one pages feed at a single time, take out the paper.
- Now fan the edges to separate the printer sheets.
- Then reload it.
- You can also enable the Paper Feed Assist Mode
- This can be found by going to ‘Setup’ followed by ‘System administration’ and ‘Printer Settings’ menus.
Problem 6- Epson Printer Paper Jam
Every Epson printer user must have faced the paper jam problem at some point. This problem renders you unable to perform any kind of printing.
The main culprit behind paper jams is paper misalignment. So, ensure that your paper stack is properly aligned before you insert it in the tray.
The guides should be flush with the paper. However, ensure to not overload the tray with papers. If you are tired of facing this issue, we suggest you invest in an Epson printer model such as the EcoTank 4750. It has a thirty-sheet automatic document feeder and a paper tray with a capacity of holding 250 pages.
Sometimes, you may find a blinking red light on your Epson L3110 model. This means that there is no ink in your printer. It also means that the ink pads are full.
A good way to resolve this blinking red light error is to examine the ink level and change the cartridges if they are empty. On the other hand, reset the printer’s waste ink counter if the ink pads are full. While doing so, keep in mind that the process can make ink overflow. So, be careful.
Problem 8- Epson 0xc1 Error
The 0xc1 error is common in various models. Epson printer troubleshooting for this error involves updating the driver software.
Download the latest drivers from the official Epson website. If this doesn’t resolve the problem, check whether the printer components are dirty. Use a soft cotton cloth to clean the printhead. You can also seek professional help for it.
Problem 9- Epson Printer Won’t Turn On
Do you find yourself unable to power on your printer? Follow these instructions to turn it on.
- Unplug the AC cable of your printer from its source.
- Hold the Power button of your device for 5 seconds.
- Keep the button of your printer pressed.
- Now insert its cable into its power source and turn the printer on.
- Release the button on the printer when you view the indicator light blinking.
- If the printer is still not turning on, take out the power cable and restart the printer.
- Remember to not use the surge protector to turn on the printer.
This Epson printer troubleshooting guide will ensure that you can get past every common issue. Use it as a reference to save your time and effort whenever you face any issue. You can also seek professional help for any kind of printer errors.
- The Complete Brother Printer Troubleshooting for Common Errors
- Follow Simple instructions for Canon Printer Troubleshooting
- Top-Notch HP Printer Troubleshooting for Every Common Error
- Troubleshoot the Epson Printer Not Printing Color Issue
- [RESOLVED] Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages – Use These Methods